This is Part Two of a two part series about how to shop for siding for your home. Read Part One for the whole story!
Welcome back to our “how-to” series on choosing and installing siding on your home. We are picking up this part of the blog series by talking about choosing the right company and possible pricing choices you may face.
Remember that when it comes to price, cheapest is not always the best option. For siding projects, price is often dependent on the amount of labor involved, which includes the amount of supervision. The more expensive companies are usually priced higher because they provide project managers to supervise each job. Having a supervisor is extremely beneficial because they will usually visit the site once a day to not only ensure that the crew is working up to standard, (building code standards and the standards of the company) but also to fill you in on how the work is coming along.
Are Smaller Siding Companies Better Deals?
Smaller companies, on the other hand, may be able to give you a lower price. Sometimes you’ll find companies that are somewhat of a one-man deal. As a consumer, you have to decide if the lower price is worth the lack of supervision on such a large project, and the lack of a stable, established staff to help you throughout the process.
Once you’ve made the decision on the right company for you, you’ll get started on choosing your options for your siding. For example, with James Hardie Fiber Cement Siding, you have 20 pre-painted siding colors to choose from, along with 5 trim colors. Add to that your choices between horizontal siding panels, vertical panels, and shingle panels, and you have literally thousands of combinations for you home.
Thankfully, with technology today, Scottish Home Improvements can help you see what your color choices will look like on your house before even beginning installation. We take pictures of your home, and with a few clicks of a mouse, we can transpose many different colors and styles onto the photos of your home. This makes the decision on your colors and styles much simpler, and it also means that you can feel 100 percent confident in your choices before we even begin installation.
Steps For Getting The Best Siding Installed On Your Home
Buying new siding for your house is a big investment, and at Scottish Home Improvements we want you to feel confident about the company and process that you choose. Taking these steps will ensure that you have a great siding experience:
- Look for companies with an A+ rating from The Better Business Bureau, and a referral from a friend if you have one who recently did their siding
- Check out the locations of the businesses you’re looking at. If you’re going to make a big investment in them, they should be able to make a great impression on you.
- Make sure you have confidence in the warranty at the company you choose. You don’t want to have to chase someone down if you have a problem with your siding in the future.
- Buy your siding from a company you trust, and from a company that invests the time in creating a long term relationship with you as a valued customer.
- Look for a company that can provide the technology needed to make an important and difficult decision on colors and styles easier for you.