Spring is just around the corner and you know what that means… spring cleaning! While you’re making your to-do list for this upcoming spring, make sure you don’t forget about important siding maintenance tasks. Siding maintenance allows your Loveland home to maintain its beautiful appearance and also prevents costly repairs and structural damage. Below, we’ve listed some important cleaning and maintenance tasks that apply to your home’s exterior.
Why Is Siding Maintenance Important?
Think about how much of your exterior is covered by siding… it’s quite a lot! Siding wraps around your whole home and protects it through the seasons. Keeping up on maintenance for your siding is important because it:
- Prevents rot and water damage
- Prevents structural issues
- Keeps your home from being invaded by pests
- Removes dirt and grime
- Allows your home to look its best
Siding Maintenance Checklist for Loveland Homeowners
Now that you know how important maintenance is, let’s talk specifics about what you can do to keep your siding in good condition. You don’t need to devote endless hours to maintaining and cleaning your siding. Simply set aside a day once or twice per year to attend to maintenance tasks,.
Follow this checklist to keep your Loveland home’s siding in tip-top shape!
- Inspect your siding annually. Walk around your home and scan your siding from top to bottom, looking for any signs of damage, water intrusion, and infestation.
- Seal cracks and gaps. If you see cracks or gaps in your siding, make sure to seal them with the right type of exterior caulk.
- Clean your siding 1-2 times per year. Depending on the type of siding you have, you’ll need to give it a good cleaning once or twice per year. Make sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions!
- Replace damaged planks, panels, or shingles as necessary. Accidents happen and some, like hail or woodpeckers, can’t be avoided. Make sure to attend to damage in a timely fashion.
- Clean gutters and trim trees and bushes. Staying on top of landscaping helps keep water and pests away from your siding.
We’re here to help! Call our office to get more information from our Loveland siding experts!