Why James Hardie Fiber Cement Is Environmentally Friendly
It has long been clear that James Hardie Siding is one of the best choices of siding for homes in Colorado, including right here in Lousiville. Not only is it beautiful but practical too–with qualities like pest resistance, fire resistance and color choices that will make you Louisville home the talk of the neighborhood. However, one important characteristic that James Hardie Fiber Cement has, which is becoming a big deal in this day and age is that it is a green technology. In fact, in 2017 it was named the “Greenest Siding Brand” in the Green Builder® Media annual Readers’ Choice survey –for the sixth year in a row! The reasons for this esteemed honor are plentiful since James Hardie strives hard to make itself more environmentally friendly year-after-year.
The following James Hardie green building practices played a part in earning this impressive accolade:
- At least 75 percent of raw materials used are locally sourced near each of the nine manufacturing facilities that support the regional economy and reduce the environmental impact caused by transportation.
- James Hardie’s unique ColorPlus® Technology manufacturing process bakes on multiple coats of color in a controlled environment to provide an exceptionally beautiful exterior that delivers a quality, consistent finish. This process eliminates Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) that would otherwise be present during on-site painting.
- James Hardie manufactures longer lasting materials that require fewer resources and help reduce maintenance and repair costs.
- James Hardie’s Zero to Landfill Project demonstrates the company’s commitment to manufacturing products as efficiently as possible in order to reduce waste.
- James Hardie siding products may contribute to LEED® New Construction points including MR5 (MR4 for Homes) Recycled Content and MR5 (MR4 for Homes) Regional Materials.
If you are trying to live green in your Louisville home and want to know more about how your siding can get you there, contact Scottish Home Improvement today for more details on James Hardie Siding and schedule a free consultation.